The Centennial Titanic Exhibition
Daily Titanic-themed movies will be shown in Reception Hall
- “Titanic’s Final Moments: Missing Pieces”
- “Doomed Sisters of the Titanic”
- “Beyond Titanic”
New Marine Communications Display
- Technological advancements in communication from Morse Code to satellite usage
- Partners: Marine Institute & Coast Guard
2 Interactive Kiosks
- remotely operated vehicle (ROV) simulator sponsored by GRI
- locally grown Technological advancements in marine safety using simulator (Marine Institute)
New Tours for Adults focusing on new technologies and capabilities developed in our province related to ship safety and marine communications
New Interactive tour for kid’s of all ages (includes a visit to our Titanic activity centre using science-based activities to engage the young ones)
Titanic Public Lecture Series Feb – June 2012
The story behind the story
You saw the movie: now, get to know the real people and events behind the sinking of the Titanic.
The luxury steamer met its tragic demise just 350 km from the GEO CENTRE, hitting one of the hulking icebergs that continue to visit our coasts today.
The Titanic Story offers a complete account of the greed, arrogance, and bad judgment that led to the greatest peacetime tragedy of the 20th century.
Learn the many causes (and failures) that robbed over 1,500 people of their lives, through real-life artifacts, stories and discoveries from recent explorations of Titanic’s underwater resting place.