The Johnson GEO CENTRE is a world-class museum built upon the rocks of Signal Hill… and the dedication of our staff. We take great care in hiring people who have the knowledge and dedication to help us continually improve our exhibits, our programs, and our customer service.
As positions become available, we will present them here. Please check back regularly. Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of our great team at the Johnson GEO CENTRE.
FULL-TIME Guest Services Associate
The Johnson GEO CENTRE is seeking a motivated and skilled individual to provide caring, warm and friendly service to our visitors. The successful candidate will be a customer service specialist, providing cashier services, group admission and general tourism information to the visiting public. In addition, this person will work closely with the Manager, Admissions & Gifts to ensure the smooth daily operations of The Johnson GEO CENTRE’s frontline.
- Retail and Admission Operations
- The key objective of this position is to lead our retail floor and maintain amazing guest experience.
- Assist Manager, Admissions & Gifts with researching new and exciting products for the gifts shop.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Admissions & Gifts come up with new revenue generating strategies to achieve daily/monthly sales targets in gift shop and admissions.
- Training, scheduling and management of all new GEO GIFTS / Admissions staff.
- Daily cash reconciliation.
- Customer Services
- Ensure excellent visitor experience to all GEO visitors both on the phone and at GEO by providing product knowledge, general orientation to GEO, tourist information, answering questions and attending to visitor’s needs.
- General Support
- Be the “Go To” person in the absence of Manager, Admission & Gifts
- Participation in GEO events.
- Support GEO Members
- General promotion of GEO in all aspects
- Flexible schedule
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, including cash handling
- Desire to work with the visiting public
- Demonstrated experience with computers, and/or POS system
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience with the tourism industry and asset
- Start Date September 29, 2017 (MAT Leave coverage)
- End Date: November 30, 2018
- Full-Time Monday to Friday (April-December)
- Full-Time Tuesday to Saturday (January -March)
- May have to work some evenings/weekends
- 3 month probation period
- Start $14.00/hour
Deliver, fax or email your resume, including 3 references and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications and why you would like this position to:
Jackie Murphy Manager, Admissions & Gifts
Johnson GEO CENTRE
175 Signal Hill Road
St. John’s, NL
Applications must be received by 5:00pm, Sunday, September 24th, 2017
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.