Looking for rewarding volunteer opportunities in St. John’s? Consider the GEO CENTRE!
You don’t have to be an astronaut or geologist to volunteer at the GEO CENTRE (although it’s fine if you are!). The main thing that our volunteers have in common is a passion for Planet Earth, and a desire to share our province with people from all over the world.
Some volunteer opportunities are out there with the public, while others may be working behind the scenes, helping us keep our programs and activities in great condition. We’ll do all we can to find the perfect opportunity to fit your personality and interests.
Why be a GEO Volunteer?
Being a GEO volunteer enables you to:
- Learn about a new topic or share your knowledge with others.
- Improve your speaking and presentation skills.
- Meet an interesting assortment of other people who are volunteers like yourself.
- Make a genuine contribution to the GEO CENTRE’s programs. We couldn’t be here without our volunteers!
- Have access to the GEO reference library.
- Get discounts at the GEO CENTRE’s shop, GEO GIFTS.
- Access in-services on topics of general interest, such as learning about fossils, expeditions to other museums and interpretation centres, and so on.
- Get invited to get-togethers such as potluck lunches or other special events recognizing the contributions of our volunteers.
We cherish our volunteers and consider you to be true GEO CENTRE colleagues. So if you’re looking for something special, set down roots as a Johnson GEO CENTRE volunteer!
The Johnson GEO CENTRE requires a minimum age of 16 years to be a volunteer. All potential volunteers undergo a screening process that includes submitting an application form with references, participating in an interview and applying to the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary for a Certificate of Conduct (free for volunteers).
If you agree with these terms, please complete the form below:
Applicants may be contacted to supply references and/or meet for an interview.
Volunteer Coordinator – Interpretation Department
Johnson GEO CENTRE
175 Signal Hill Road
St. John’s, NL
Canada A1A 1B2
For more information, please call (709) 737-7849.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in St. John’s, and in particular at the Johnson GEO CENTRE!